Tuesday, December 1, 2009

This is a pencil drawing by one of my art students. She is a 21 yr. old Afghanistan refugee who just joined the church this year. She has never drawn anything in her life. I couldn't believe what a good job she did. I even put it on the back of the Sunday bulletin for Church. Another one of my students just did a beautiful monochromatic painting of Christ tonight in class. I will post it later when I get a picture of it. She was so excited. She said, "When I started learning how to paint portraits, I thought, I would love to paint a picture of Christ." Then she thought to herself, "I could never create a picture of Christ. How could I make it beautiful enough?" She was so thrilled when her painting turned out so well on the first try. I've been having them do a lot of pencil portraits, but just tiny two inchers. Now we are going to advance to full sized paintings. I'm buying their supplies for them and they will pay me back in small installments.

No comments:

Post a Comment