Monday, April 6, 2009

A miracle happened the other day. We had been to Sister Barnes to a Church Educational meeting clear across town. After the meeting we went to look for an autorickshaw. We were walking down a busy street when a rickshaw driver suddenly pulls over and motions us to come get in. We could see that there was a young student already in the back seat where we would sit. We hesitated but the driver insisted that we get in so we did. After a short time the student got out and we directed the driver to go to the mission office. He waited for us while we made another stop and then we headed home. I was impressed with the man because he had his specs on the was reading the newspaper while he was driving. It reminded me of Fred driving back home. Anyway we finally got home. Sunday morning when we started to head out for church, I couldn't find my scriptures. I searched but just couldn't locate them. I was so scared to tell Fred because those scriptures are his most beloved set as our friend Richard Lounsbury had given them to him and they are also a very expensive and beautiful set of books. I was just sick about losing them. I tried to call Sister Barnes to see if I might have left them at her house but no answer and we had to leave for Church. We were at Church just a short while when Elder Hansen came up with our scriptures. What had happened was the rickshaw driver had found them in the back of his auto and had found the mission home and had returned them. Everyone says this never happens. There are 100,000 autorickshaw drivers in the city and it is very unlikely to ever get the same one twice and they never return forgotten items.

No comments:

Post a Comment