Sunday, November 8, 2009

It was the birthday of one of the Sikh Gods and we were in the middle of a huge parade when suddenly Elder Puri and Elder Petersen appeared. They are both very tall Elders and really stand out in the crowd. Elder Puri had a grandfather who was a Sikh. All the rest of his ancestry is Scottish. He comes from Scotland and has the cutest accent. He's the one on the left of the picture. Elders Puri and Petersen are two really nice elders. They used to live right across from us through our little neighborhood park but they have been moved now to be more centralized in their working area. We miss them.

3 comments:

  1. Keep the pictures coming Mom! Incredible! I can't even imagine what you are experiencing. It really does seem like the wild west! wow! I love that picture with the flowers on the tips of those guys swords. The other pictures really are hard to see. I just cry my eyes out thinking about the lives of some of those people. I can't possible make it to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so pleased to read about my son, Elder Puri on your blog but I coulnt find the picture you mentioned. Thank you for being so kind to him and keeping him fed:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sorry about my postings being anonymous, Im just not that up to speed on the internet, anyhoo Im Sister Mandy Puri, Elder Puris mum, and Im so glad Elder and Sister Weeks let us know what India is really like because my boy knows I get freaked out, even at the first sign of an insect, never mind anyone who would cause him harm, so basically he tells me nothing! To you people who are related to Elder and Sister Weeks, all I can say is you are very blessed, Lucky You x

    ReplyDelete