Thursday, April 1, 2010

The first picture is of me and the primary president Sister Mony. She just gets so excited when she sees me in a saree. She always comes running up to me and says, "I just love you so much sister, you're so beautiful in your saree". I'm starting to get the hang of putting one of those things on. The first time I wore one everyone thought I had done a good job except for my friend Renu who had given me the saree (a different one than you see in this picture). She took one look and determined that she needed to fix a few things. So into the bathroom we went and she totally unwrapped and unpinned me. I really love wearing the sarees though. They make you feel like you have a formal on and it's just fine to dress up that much to go to church. I want to buy several more, but Fred is starting to worry a little. We only have less than eight months left and he's afraid I might be collecting a few too many. He's still collecting books and paper though so he's getting a little dose of his own medicine now that I'm collecting Indian clothing. One lady we know who is about 28 yrs. old was over with her mother the other day and had some cloth she wanted to give to me to have a salwar, camise outfit made up. She wanted to see my other outfits that I've collected and as I was showing her she leaned over to her mother and said, "I'm damned sure sister Weeks isn't collecting those for herself. She's going to give them all away when she leaves, I'll bet". It sounded so funny coming from her. Anyway if all of you will send your measurements, I'll try to buy you a set. Let me know your favorite colors, prints, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment