Monday, April 12, 2010

I have been wearing mostly Indian clothes now and I think I am having a very good effect on my neighbors and also the other sisters at the church. I see very few of them wearing Levi's and T shirts to church now and everybody really acts like they like my sarees. One older sister told me last Sunday that she has been inspired by me to look through her old sarees and to start wearing them again. I have even taught them that it is possible to wear a blouse underneath that has a long tail. They didn't think it was possible because of the way you have to tuck the top pleated part of the saree skirt into the waistband of the petticoat. I showed them that you just tuck the blouse in first and it works the same as if you had your bear skin exposed.

Anyway, sister Moni and I are having a saree contest. She says that I am wearing a saree as well as she and she has always been the best. I also decided to take a picture of all my different sarees. When I get home I may not get a chance to wear them anymore and a picture will be all I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment