Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I didn't get a good picture of this meal but you can kind of see what it was. The main dish was cooked up by our Afghani friend Merry. It is eggplant with garlic, onions, and tomatoes. I served it with rice, vegetable plate and lentils. I cooked too many lentils and now we are eating them for a few days straight. Maybe I'll just freeze the rest so we don't get too tired of them. The eggplant reminded me of the French recipe for eggplant called Rattetoue. I think I spelled that wrong. Anyway Roxi made it several times after the kid movie came out by that name. Here's how Merry made it.

Cut the eggplant up into strips and fry in plenty of oil. Fry onions and garlic in a separate pan. Layer first onions and garlic, uncooked tomato slices, then the eggplant. Salt and pepper in between each layer. Cook covered over a low flame until everything is tender.

1 comment:

  1. YUM, YUM! Thanks so much Mom. I am really happy to get new ideas. I think my family would love that dish. So I'll have to get making it! Thanks for keeping me in mind. I appreciate it. Also, GREAT PORTRAIT!! That one looks incredible. I think one of your best!! Lucky Elders!

    ReplyDelete