Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's nearing the end of wedding season now but we still have a few going on. I was trying to get a picture of the beautifully decorated bridal car when the grooms white horse walked right in front of me. If you look through to the back of the picture under the horse's neck you will see the real, not artificial red rosebuds that were taped all over the car. I finally did get a better picture of the car but it's at the end of this group of pictures. There were huge bouquets of roses fastened to the hood, trunk, and top of the car. I saw a bad little girl pick one of the rose buds off the side.
The picture with the blue lights is at a fancier wedding hall. We could only see in from the street, but it was decorated very nicely from what we could see. Most of the time gauzy cloth tents are constructed for the weddings. The picture with the Orange and Yellow curtains was a wedding held in the neighborhood park just kitty corner from our house. The tractor looking machine was the generator for the band and loud speakers. The loud generator motor and all the Hindu chanting and music and singing really made a lot of racket until eleven thirty and then it was dead silent. Everybody told me the weddings went until eleven thirty but I didn't know it was a hard and fast rule. Nobody follows any other rules here. And I just thought that it was rather strange that they were so strict about this one.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I feel like I am experiencing India right along with you guys! Thanks for posting all of the photos and writing so much about everything! You look so beautiful Mom! It looks crazy and totally exciting! I love how they decorated the wedding car and the elephant! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete