Friday, March 13, 2009

Old Delhi was the best and the most exciting place we've been so far. I had a hard time capturing the essence of this wild place on camera. It's very much darker and closed in than it seems here but you can sort of tell how close the buildings are to each other, and how crowded and narrow the streets are. It was just a crush of humanity. I tried hard to get a picture of the little school children coming home from school in their cute little school carts. It's unbelievable to think that a child could even be raised in this place. But they seemed like happy children all smashed together after their day at school.
We got out of our bicycle rickshaw to go into the spice market and there on the street was a dead rat. It made you wonder how contaminated the spices were in those open containers. I bought a whole bag of different spices anyway. I'll just make sure I cook them all and always say a little prayer over everything we eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment