Monday, March 16, 2009

This was a shoeshine man but he had a few tools in his bag so Fred asked him to make two more holes in his belt. Fred has lost a few pounds and his pants keep trying to fall off. The man had to make the holes with a pair of scissors. We searched everywhere for a hole punch or for someone who might work with leather but couldn't find anyone. It is the hardest thing to find tools here. I don't even know where to go for sewing supplies. The tailors use the hugest most awkward scissors and they make all of their patterns up from newspaper just by taking your measurements. All of the sewing machines that I have seen are the old time treddle machines that you run with your feet. I'll get a picture next time I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THE GECKO!!! That makes me laugh, Mom, that you think it is cute and hope it is still around. And Dad doesn't think it's cute at all. But I do think I would take a gecko over a mouse.---The hospital looks very nice that Dad will be going to. That's somewhat comforting.

    I enjoyed all the new pictures. I really like the interesting look of the shoe shiner.

    ReplyDelete