Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mella said she wanted to see more pictures of us so here are some funny ones. We went over to Dwarka to visit our Magalian friend Amy who married a Sikh. This was a real Sikh neighborhood and Fred really got into the turban thing. Also take a look at his dagger. Sikhs are required to have five articles. They wear some special underwear shorts, they carry a dagger, a comb, they wear a silver bracelet, and they never cut their hair and beards. Fred did the best he could under the circumstances. He faked it with the hair by wearing a turban, he is carrying a dagger and a comb and wearing a bracelet, but he had his same old underwear on. I told him a while back I thought the Sikhs look so handsome in their turbans so he tried really hard to look handsome for me. The two Sikhs standing by him were the ones who tied the turban on. It's a very complicated process. I planned to just take it off carefully and sew it so that I wouldn't have to try to wrap one up again but it bled dye all over his shirt collar so I had to unwrap the twelve meters worth of cloth and soak it in salt water for a couple of days. It is still bleeding dye. He looks so happy in these pictures don't you think. I think maybe Sikhood agrees with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment