Saturday, October 3, 2009

Several months ago an investigator was visiting church and he said he was an artist. Fred told him that I was an artist also and he said, "I'll bet you are having a wonderful time in India. There is so much subject matter here". I had to tell him that I hadn't done any art work and he said, "What a shame. You need to go out and do some painting. I'll take you and we can spend some time out in the field." He never came back to church but I got to thinking that when people have a musical talent at church they are very needed and wanted but the visual arts don't seem that necessary especially for a missionary. Then I realized that, yes, I can probably reach someone through art. Maybe I can teach some classes and help someone learn to earn some extra money on the side by painting portraits.
I've ended up buying a small easel, some acrylic paints, brushes and some pads of canvas. I've decided to do the faces of India because there are so many interesting people and head dresses. Here are some of my first.

No comments:

Post a Comment