Friday, February 27, 2009

I've been promising pictures of our apartment so here they are. We are very blessed to have this nice place to live. Notice the maps on the hallway wall. It just wouldn't be homey without them. Check out the geezer high on the wall in the kitchen. It's what heats the kitchen water. If I don't remember to turn it on one half hour before I need hot water I'll have to heat water on the stove because there won't be any from the tap. This mission is a real glorified camping trip. Most of the time we don't have running water so we have to haul it and we have to light a match to turn our gas stove on, and our bed is so hard it feels like we're sleeping on a thin foam pad on the ground. Notice the water spray coming out the back of the toilet. This is in case you don't have or want to use toilet paper. Our washing machine and refrigerator are tiny but all the other missionaries say they are big compared to theirs. Something interesting about the washing machine is that I have to stick the drain hose down into the toilet for the water to drain. I didn't know that at first and I was trying it catch the water in buckets and pour it down the sink. That was a real tricky and time consuming job. Finally I got the toilet thing figured out and it has been a real time and back saving invention.

No comments:

Post a Comment