Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This was where we bought the carpets for Mike and Jill, Grant and Lenore, Mella and Dan, Carma and Doyle, and Merv and Clara Jean. We planned to get more for all of our children but the carpet merchant fell in love with me. He became such a pest that we are now afraid to go back. He was calling me to go walking with him in the early mornings, and he wanted me to go to concerts, to dinner, and whatever he could come up with, but he made it pretty clear that he didn't really want Fred to come along. He told me that I was beautiful (he already had a much more beautiful wife than me) and he tried to hold my hand every chance he got. This guy was the fastest mover you've ever seen. Fred finally had to talk pretty rough to him and he must have gotten the hint. He hasn't called since.

2 comments: