Saturday, February 28, 2009

There are about four layers of apartments above us. To get to them you have to up some steep marble steps. I thought our area's apartments were going to be different than most of the apartments we have visited but the stairs anyway are just the same. It's no wonder most of the people here are so thin. You get a lot of exercise just trying to survive.

The second picture is of a beautiful flowering plant I bought from a vendor but I think all of the plants I bought need more light as most of them are dying.

I was taking a picture of this vegetable tray and I inadvertently got some of the Elders in it. From left to right they are Elders Sarver, Swanboroough, Ott, and Smith. The bottom two are Elder Walker and Elder Hansen. I have all the missionaries over on Thursdays. You can see Elder Walker's bandaged hand. He's the one that got bitten by a neighbor dog and the dog has since bitten another woman. We passed the dog on our way to a Family Home Eveniong Seminar tonight. We made a very wide circle around him.

1 comment:

  1. I have just read your blog. Whenever I get discouraged here, I will think of India and feel better about the dirt, dogs everywhere, few choices when it comes to food, roads with more ruts than pavement, branches on islands in the jungle, and mosquitoes everywhere all day. I think I like our 'jungle' living--not so many people like a big city. The people are happy, humble, and teachable for the most part and happy that 'white couple missionaries' have come to work with them. It is a good thing that couple missions are not fully explained--it might have taken more faith to go! Now we are here and we can do it!

    ReplyDelete